Wednesday 1 August 2012

Personalised Bunting for a New Baby


I have a tutorial for you! It wasn't supposed to be this one, but life has a habit of catching you me out!
You remember last week when I was able to sit in the sun sewing peacefully away on this quilt?


Yes, I have finished it, and I was feeling very smug as it was a gift for a baby whose arrival into this world was imminent. No-one knew whether it was to be a boy or a girl, but I had this gut feeling that it was going to a boy, so I steamed ahead and made a blue quilt and was intending to embroider his name in one of the white squares.
We got the wonderful news on Sunday that the baby had arrived, but guess what! it's a baby GIRL!!! So, a re-think was necessary. They say in the crafting world that there is no such thing as a mistake, just a new opportunity, and rightly so. I shall keep the baby boy quilt for another time - my children are all of an age where their friends are starting to have families, so I know it will get put to good use sooner or later. However, I still wanted a personalised gift, and I was in a hurry to send off the parcel. This is the third girl in the family so they have plenty of cute pink baby clothes already, so I decided upon some bunting with her name on it. She is called Gratia, so I suspect shop bought personalised items will be hard to find. Anyway, the bunting was quick and easy to make. I just used fabric from  my stash and some bias binding to hold it all together. I have put together a downloadable pdf with the instructions, along with plenty of step by step photos for you here .


I hope you enjoy making it as much as I did!
Till next time...... Julie



3 comments:

  1. This is adorable! I will have to make one for my Dottie that will come in 6 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are expecting in 6 weeks time? Oh Congratulations!! Be sure to share a photo on FB with us all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will for sure. She will have so many of your knitted items :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...