Thursday 18 July 2013

A Quilt Finish!



Yay! I have another quilt finish! This one grew from an idea I had whilst making this strip for the Strip Sewing Bee that I'm part of. 


The blocks were fun to make, but there was always the concern in the back of my mind that if I wasn't 100% accurate they wouldn't match up very easily. So I made the blocks using 2 charm packs from the same line, trimmed them and sashed them so that took all the worries about lack of accuracy away. 


I love the contrast of the grey sashing. I think it's Kona Mid Grey.
Crawling about on the floor, pin basting the sandwich was NOT fun in the 30 degrees heat we have at the moment. It became my own personal hot yoga studio!!


But sitting in the shade, hand sewing the back of the binding was sheer delight!


It will serve as a quilt in the guest bedroom until my Swoon is finished.


Quilt back is organic cotton by Nancy Mims from the Free to Grow line. It's no longer available unfortunately. I've had mine a good while and it was a great match for this quiilt.
The binding is also organic - just a solid aqua.


I've written up the pattern, and added it to my Craftsy store

Details: Used:  2 charm packs (Honey Honey by Moda), Kona snow for background and cornerstones,  
              Kona mid-grey for sashing.
              Quilted with straight line quilting 1/4" away from either side of the sashing
              and each diagonal seam line.
              Finished size: 57" x 66"



Pin It

10 comments:

  1. It's beautiful Julie, I would love to e able to make one of those :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty quilt!! Can't wait to receive your Bee strip and examine it more closely :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I really love this, it's fantastic. Such a great pattern and that fabric is always a winner :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful - I love the contrast of the grey sashing too. Have a lovely weekend & enjoy the sunshine :-)
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's gorgeous, loving the zingy oranges and yellows with the grey sashing and the backing fabric is fabby too. Well done finishing a project in this glorious sunshine ~ Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely finish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute! I love the fabric you used and the pattern is adorable too! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous quilt! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such pretty work, Julie - love the front and back ... shame the backing fabric is 'old' it is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...