Tuesday 9 October 2012

Enjoying Autumn

So, I've decided this BlogtoberFest is not for me. I enjoy blogging, it keeps me focused, but I don't enjoy blogging every day, just for the sake of it. I was beginning to fall out of friends with my blog. It was getting in the way of life (or was life getting in the way of the blog?) so posts will revert to the normal amount from now on.
Autumn days have to be grabbed with both hands when they are dry, and especially if they are sunny.
There are a lot of grey skies, and dark afternoons to endure over the next few months, so I intend to enjoy every moment of autumn whilst I can.
The leaves are just beginning to turn here in Middle England. The trees are still holding most of their leaves, but the veggie growing season has almost ended. I picked sweetcorn this afternoon, and still have a few tomatoes ripening on the vines, but most of the veg plot was dug over this weekend, ready to earn its rest over the winter.
I also have a new quilt I'm working on (you didn't really expect me to finish one before I started the next did you?), but I'm keeping it under wraps for now, and I still have the final post on organic fabrics and yarns to write - I'm keeping that for a rainy day - it will be a good thing to do when the weather keeps me inside.
I hope you are enjoying autumn, if it is autumn (or fall) for you. If it's spring where you live, then lucky you!

2 comments:

  1. Such a lovely day today, isn't it? Well done for giving Blogtoberfest a try though. Looking forward to your next organic fabrics & yarns post too. Thanks to you, I now have an EVEN LONGER list of fabrics on my "Wanties" list ! ;-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good on you for giving Blogtoberfest a try. I think I would run out of things to say. Love the fabric birds

    Cheers Pauline

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...