Monday 11 November 2013

Christmas Star Bunting Tutorial


It's getting to feel rather Christmassy here at the Mack and Mabel abode. I've finished my Christmas star bunting and I managed to grab a little time over the weekend to photograph it in a few possible locations.
Over an internal doorway…….


Across the beam over the hearth in the lounge….


 and on a nice plain bedroom wall…..

I love them all !!

It is very easy to make, and I've written a tutorial for you. You just need some felt, fabric, Bondaweb or other fusible, some bias binding to hang the stars on and a few buttons for decoration.
I chose to make my stars 4 1/2" (11cm) tall. There is a full scale template in the downloadable PDF
that you can print off, but you could make them any size you want.
I went with a red and white theme. It seems to be a favourite of mine for this Christmas!! but they would look just as good with a totally scrappy palette.
The tutorial is here 
and I shall also add it to the sewing patterns tab along the top of the blog. The tutorial has lots of stage by stage photos, which makes it easy to follow, but heavy on ink to print out. I recommend  that you print just page 2, to get the template, but view the instructions straight from the download if you can. Less money spent on printer ink means more money available for fabric Yeah!!!!
I hope your Christmas craft projects are well and truly underway, too.
Have a great week,
Julie
Pin It

7 comments:

  1. I am just starting to feel a little bit festive, so this tutorial really hits the spot, and I have bookmarked it for later. Looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty,so generous.just picture perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or you can download it to your kindle Julie, I love it but I'm not convinced I could make it, I'm so tempted to give it a try, I have some lovely holly leaf fabric but not enough to make a whole bunting, maybe I could try just one star and see how it turns out, you've got me thinking now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Kindle or iPhone for instructions on the move!! You don't have to make it all.You could make just one, add a thread and have it as a tree decoration

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's lovely, so bright & cheery! I really need to get stuck into my Christmas makes, is it really mid-Nov already?!
    Have a lovely week,
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a great idea - will have to give it a go if I find a spare hour or two :-) THanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...